fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: Engine block ground to FW

Ok so here is the set up...RV7A.....SD-8 on the Vac pad....FWF Ground block just right of upper center on the firewall. Using Z13-8 Arch.

I have a clear run for the engine GND from the port side upper bolt on the SD-8 to the FWF ground block. Is this acceptable and will it produce a good engine GND.

Fran @ SGU....RV7A.....finishing up the last zillion items before RV grin Time:eek:

Works for me. I also added another (redundant) ground strap from a sump bolt to the engine mount.

Just did that

Fran,

Just did the same. I used the upper right bolt on the SD-8 to the FW ground farm. Specifically asked my TC about that and shouldn't be a problem.

Jim

RE:Thanks Jim and Scott

For about a year plus I have followed both of you and your build process. I want to thank you both for your help in this matter but also all the other bits of info here on the forums.

Jim, my build time line is almost part per part, process per process aligned with you. I think I will slow down just a bit to check out and learn from your build to the end........or maybe the race is on to the RV GRIN. :D

Thanks again

Frank @ SGU RV7A......ndy.....bgc........

Fran,

Just did the same. I used the upper right bolt on the SD-8 to the FW ground farm. Specifically asked my TC about that and shouldn't be a problem.

Jim

Hey Frank,

You might just win that one. I'm really hoping to send the project to the airport on the 26th, but in Feb I need a little knee reconstruction so that's going to take me out for a while. :mad:

RE:perfection

Jim

Continued success in your build and I hope and pray the surgery goes perfectly.

Frank @ SGU

Hey Frank,

You might just win that one. I'm really hoping to send the project to the airport on the 26th, but in Feb I need a little knee reconstruction so that's going to take me out for a while. :mad: