fstringham7a

Well Known Member
re:Dynon D-100 ??????? Black Screen

Testing the panel to see all is well...but....When everything is powered up....D-100/Ems120/GMA 340/GNS 430W/SL 40/GTX 327/Trio ALT Hold/Trio Easy/..........and I push the PTT button the Dynon D-100 Screen goes black:eek:As I trobleshooted the problem I found that if the Trio's are off/SL40 is off/GTX 327...or combination of instruments shut down this wouldn't happen. Power is being supplied by a 15 amp/13.v RS power supply.......

I would assume that the power supply isn't giving the necessary amps especially at the break point of PTT being used. It would seem that the Dynon is the first to note the deficiency and thus shuts down (internal battery is also discharged so it can't help).

I will call the folks at Dynon Monday to get their take....but....I was hoping you folks would have a notion as to the problem or give me backing on my assumptions!!!!!

Thanks in advance for you imput

Frank @ sgu NDY but I see light.............

The D100 will dump out at about 9.5 volts, they (Dynon) say it wont hurt it.
Mine Quits every time I crank to start but my D120 stays on.
My bet is your voltage went low,

It really sounds like the voltage drop is extreme. If the PS can really supply 15 amps, I am very surprised this would occur, add up the load from all the devices to see what the total is, your PS may be weak. Use a car battery for power and see what happens.

As far as the D100 battery being dead, get it charged up and see if you have the same result, it should hold the D100 no matter what. If it won't charge, upgrade to Version 4 software, that should fix a "won't charge" problem. Did for me.

Larry