fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE:dwg files to turbocad...Help

I am giving this one last try. I obtained Turbocad 15 to day (says it works with vista...new computer came with it!!!!). Loaded it up and to my dismay IT WORKED....GREAT.

So now onto the down load of the Aeroelectric (dwg files) to finally get my electric system down on paper (Z-18)........NO JOY.

Being computer challenged I have tried about all the possible paths to get it downloaded with no joy.

I think half the threads on this question comes from yours truely

HELP

Frank @ ...RV7A... paint to begin again next week....

Save link as...

I am giving this one last try. I obtained Turbocad 15 to day (says it works with vista...new computer came with it!!!!). Loaded it up and to my dismay IT WORKED....GREAT.

So now onto the down load of the Aeroelectric (dwg files) to finally get my electric system down on paper (Z-18)........NO JOY.

Being computer challenged I have tried about all the possible paths to get it downloaded with no joy.

I think half the threads on this question comes from yours truely

HELP

Frank @ ...RV7A... paint to begin again next week....

Try this Frank,
1. Go to http://www.aeroelectric.com/PPS/ACAD_Architecture_Dwgs/ and right click on Z18K. An option box will then show action choices.
2. Move down to save link as... and left click once. Once you've left clicked a dialog box pops up and then you can choose where you want to save the z18K.dwg file.
3. Once you've found where you want it saved hit save and that is where it will be.
4. Go to where you saved it in your computer and double (left) click to open the file.

Hope this helps.

If you open turbocad, and go to the top and select FILE then OPEN and a window will pop up. At the lower part of the window it says "Files of Type"

use the pull down to select "All Files" and then in the pull down at the top that says "Look In" you will have to go find the file you are trying to open.

Once you open the file and do whatever you want to with it, You should be sure to save it as a turbocad file(it will have a .tcw file extension) otherwise you may have to do all this again.

Hopefully that helps. I am using version 12 of Turbocad, but I expect it to be pretty much the same.

Richard

RE:Thanks

Richard and Carlos thanks for the help. I did ...through trial and error....made the necessary clicks to get the job done. As you describe it WORKS.....

Frank @ ...RV7A...