fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: Dead Battery!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from my family trip to the Big Island (Hawaii).....Fantasic fun, snorkeling, food..........food.........food........site seeing.......did I say food!!!!! You 767 jockeys is your front left seat more comfortable than my row 40B seat..............

BUT.....I have noted that my battery before the trip seemed to be drawing down with nothing on ......I have had it on a trickle charge but took it off while away. Went out to check and found that the Battery is dead....

I have the D100 on the trickle to maintain it's battery. I remember some time ago that another builder had a similar problem of the main battery drawing down on the Dynon trickle. I couldn't find it on the search of the forums. HELP if possible????

Thanks in advance

Frank @ SGU and 1L8......RV7A...last 1001 details and about to move to the airport...SOMEDAY I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
RE:Clear AM Mind

Found the search engine works better in the AM with a clear mind.....found this thread that i think answers my question:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=26536&highlight=dead+battery

Frank @ SGU and 1L8...RV7A...last 1001 details

Just got back from my family trip to the Big Island (Hawaii).....Fanatasic fun, snorkeling, food..........food.........food........site seeing.......did I say food!!!!! You 767 jockeys is your front left seat more comfortable than my row 40B seat..............

BUT.....I have noted that my battery before the trip seemed to be drawing down with nothing on ......I have had it on a trickle charge but took it off while away. Went out to check and found that the Battery is dead....

I have the D100 on the trickle to maintain it's battery. I remember some time ago that another builder had a similar problem of the main battery drawing down on the Dynon trickle. I couldn't find it on the search of the forums. HELP if possible????

Thanks in advance

Frank @ SGU and 1L8......RV7A...last 1001 details and about to move to the airport...SOMEDAY I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odyssey PC 680 Battery

Hi All
My PC680 is acting up.
First thing in the morning it will not turn over my engine fast enough to start. I have been putting the 4 amp charger on it for 30 minutes or so then it has just enough to start. But after a taxi to the fuel pump the engine starts with just a bump of the starter. What Gives!!
After 16 months is it time for a new battery?
If so where?s the best place to buy one at?
Is there a better battery the an PC680?
:mad:

Battery test

My PC680 is acting up.

Could be, but unlikely at less than two years. Before you start buying parts, go through the wiring and look at all the connections. A little resistance goes a long way on a cold morning. Also do a "load test" on the battery. Most auto parts or , since it is a motorcycle battery, a motorcycle shop can do a test to determine the real condition of the battery. As to the fact that it starts the second time, that is more a function of the engine being warm than it is of the battery/starter.

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

New Battery

Hi All
I had my PC 680 checked a the local Batterys plus and the best it would do is 100amp's at 8 volts. I bought a H-D gel-cell battery a the local Harley dealer.The specs are
pc680 $120.00 220 CCA
H-D Battery $88.00 310 CCA
So we will see how long the Harley battery will last.