fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: AN Swivel Fitting for oil cooler

New Oil Cooler installed and need a 90 degree swivel fitting for the oil hose coming from the engine to the oil cooler to attach to. The swivel fitting will attach to the 90 degree AN fitting coming out of the oil cooler and then to the hose. The hose is a DIY Aeroquip with straight fittings.

I have done a search for one of these swivel fitting but need advice as to where to buy, part #, and acceptability for the intended purpose. I did find a MS51521 part number for a steel swivel??????????

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A...

Earls

Earls part number AT921108ERL claims to be military spec. Google the part number and you will find many place to buy this - probably available on ebay as well

you can use-

this industrial #--6500-08-08. Steel is good. The Earls # is aircraft aluminum, but pricey.
Tom

RE: Thanks and ???

Earls part number AT921108ERL claims to be military spec. Google the part number and you will find many place to buy this - probably available on ebay as well

Thanks for the head up

this industrial #--6500-08-08. Steel is good. The Earls # is aircraft aluminum, but pricey.
Tom

Tom

I note from this chart .....
http://www.goodyearrubberproducts.com/files/brennan/brennancatalog/BrennanCatalog1.Page135.pdf

That it has 16 threads at B1 and 16 threads at B2. I know that the (ACS purchased) AN -8 NPT 90 degree fitting coming out of the tank are an 18 thread count on the NPT pipe going into the cooler but must be 16 on the other end ...... correct ???? Also would it be metalically compatible with the Aeroquip fittings on the hose (F 816-8D). Finally where is the best place to buy one of these instead of the very pricey Earls Aluminum style if it in fact will fit and be compatible.

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A...

Last edited: