fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: 200RV Prop Bolt Torque ?????

This queston is directed to 200RV prop folks in particlar and all you other prop gurus in general.

In short the riged system of a 3/4 craftsmen modified opened end and box wrench is just not working to get the necessary grip on the prop bolts to get the required torque. First there isn't a close tolerence fit of the open end to the bolt. Second...even after grinding the open end of the wrench it still hits the hub such that it will not turn the bolt but just wants to dig in to the hub.....NOT GOOD......Finally even after the necessary calculations because of the added wrench we just don't think we are getting the correct torque.

So now the question. What did you 200RV prop folks do and tools used to get this job done? I have read the forums on this subject.

I will be talking to Greg at Wheirlwind tomorrow also to let him know that the fix he suggested isn't working or we are not doing it right.

By the way I can't wait to give this prop a real turn with the engne!!!!!

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Final Assembly Process....:D

Crows foot

Hi Frank,

I have a simple home made crows foot that Robbie Attaway made for this purpose. I'll have to check to see what he sets the wrench at. It is calibrated for the crows foot. Another mechanic told me a stock Craftsman open end will start to spread at 55 foot pounds. This is what you need for the WW200RV bolts, 55 foot pounds.

The real trick is hoping the tension pins are lined up so you can get the safety wire through.

RE: Thanks

Hi Frank,

I have a simple home made crows foot that Robbie Attaway made for this purpose. I'll have to check to see what he sets the wrench at. It is calibrated for the crows foot. Another mechanic told me a stock Craftsman open end will start to spread at 55 foot pounds. This is what you need for the WW200RV bolts, 55 foot pounds.

The real trick is hoping the tension pins are lined up so you can get the safety wire through.

I sent an mail to Robbie yesterday evening and I am justing waiting for his reply. I may give him a call today.

Thanks for the info.

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Final Assembly Underway.