fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE:1st Flight .......??????

Today, Experimental RV N74BZ made it's 1st flight.........at least part of it did...............

I have been working on the emp tips to get them all pretty for painting. Some of you know the drill............

Up until a few minutes ago I have been using the back patio table as a drying rack.......between coats of evercoat to get that real slick look.

Slight breeze turned into a big gust...which took the right elevator for it's first ride in the air :eek::eek:....BUT.....as luck would have it, it landed perfectly on one of the patio chairs.....:D.......close inspection showed NO DAMAGE:)

So now do I need to contact the FAA on this near miss or should I just fill out a NASA Report, or log the time for the wind as PIC...............or just be happy I dodged a bullet...............

Man, I never thought I would have to get a weather briefing during the build process.

Back to the garage now that the shaking is over and my mind is settled.

Frank @ SGU and 1L8.....RV7A...last 1000 details

You mean you had your 1st flight without;

1. An A/W cert?
2. No useable fuel in the fuel tanks?
3. No flight plan filed?
4. No Dar or FSDO authorization of any kind?
5. You did not use your designated airport.
6. You made an off field landing.
7. You did not use the radio.
8. You did not declare an "emergency".
9. You were not in compliance with your Phase 1.

Man! How many FARs can one guy break and not even be in the PIC seat!

The media report stated there was a mid-air with another flying object. a "Gnat" I think they said. :D
My mother told me those airplanes are dangerous with all the accidents they are causing, they are nothing but death traps. Poor little Gnat!

RE:Video to follow but.....

Video to follow in oh lets say about........3 to 4 months......

Ya know I have just been laughing like crazy at these responses. You guys have been just great to not point out the obvious:rolleyes:

Frank @ SGU and 18L ...........RV7A.......last 1000 details

Oh I forgot to say,

I'm glad your 1st flight went okay, glad no one was hurt!

My fuselage had its first flight when I was moving it from the garage to a workshop. I went a little to fast over the railroad tracks and the whole fuselage and trailer went airborne! It was a short first flight but no damage!

Sales Tax due on RV N74BZ

Frank,
We understand your new RV aircraft just made it's first flight recently. Great news for you and us! By statute, all newly acquired or completed (flying) aircraft in Utah are subject to a personal property tax of 5.8%. Our records indicate that an Van's RV of your make is valued at $95,000. Consider this legal notification that a payment is $5,510.00 is due immediately. Please mail check to the address below and to the attention of:

Abe Urecrat
Aircraft Revenue Generation Division
Utah Department of Revenue
Salt Lake City, UT 77777

Last edited:
Frank,
We understand your new RV aircraft just made it's first flight recently. Great news for you and us! By statute, all newly acquired or completed (flying) aircraft in Utah are subject to a personal property tax of 5.8%. Our records indicate that an Van's RV of your make is valued at $95,000. Consider this legal notification that a payment is $5,510.00 is due immediately. Please mail check to the address below and to the attention of:

Abe Urecrat
Salt Lake City, UT 77777

For just 15% of the total bill, I can handle ALL the paperwork for you - just forward the initial check plus an additional check for $826.50 to ME! :eek:

RE:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Honest Abe and other politicians

Thanks for the very gental reminder..........BUT......your way off on my cost to build in stuff........be seeing ya real soon now....the checks in the mail.....oh by the way get to the bank quick as you never know about those poor record keeping......always behind in their bills.......bouncing a check a day GA pilots that are passing through Maine...oh sorry thats another thread..............................:rolleyes:

Frank ...moving to Montana (no personal property tax) after the divorce is final:eek:.......who will cook my dinner........RV7A @ SGU or maybe 1L8 or maYBE SOME PLACE IN Montana......last 999 details:confused:

Frank,

Abe Urecrat
Salt Lake City, UT 77777