fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE:#1 egt high????

Today was hanger time while my broken starter finds it's way to Sky Tec.

I decided to check Dynon D120 EMS numbers while the plane is static in the hanger. The #1 EGT climbed to 1900 degrees F while #2,3,4 were all ambient temp....Interesting anomoly.....Dynon support suggest a check of the dsub #27 pin for wiring integrety and 4 ohm status....which I will do at my next visit to the airport.

Anyother ideas out there in Dynonland

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Phase 1 kinda

egt

I had a similar condition. What it turned out to be was the probe connection was grounding out to the intake pipe of which I had it secured to. Once that was rectified, all was good.

I had a similar condition. What it turned out to be was the probe connection was grounding out to the intake pipe of which I had it secured to. Once that was rectified, all was good.

Hi Gary

Thanks for the heads up on this issue. Two questions. 1. How was it grounding out? 2. What was your fix?

Thanks

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Phase 1

the wire connector had a small edge of metal that was had worn through the heat shrink I had placed around the connection and was grounding out by hitting the intake pipe going from the sump to the cylinder. I filed off the sharp edge off the connector and put a thicker piece of heat shirnk on it.

RE:Thanks....Eye Exam

Gary

Thanks for the reply and do I need an eye exam or what INTAKE TUBES not Exhaust...........

Makes sense on the ground problem. This has been hit my way by you, Mike at Dynon and Jim a EE hanger buddy. I will begin the trace tomorrow to see where the problem is at.

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Phase 1

Hello Frank
My problem was my probe wire at the connection it was grounded to a sheilded spark plug wire. Was hard to find.
Hope all goes well

mark

Sensor Wire problem

I think I had a CHT sensor wire contacting a plug wire. Grounded the plug and caused way high CHT temps. I separated the wires and all seems OK. Thread posted on the Maintenance Forum

Roy Samuelson
RV7A