tomcostanza

Well Known Member
If anyone knows of a rattle can paint that matches the "pearl gray" powder coat on Van's parts, can you let me know where to get some? Second best would be a company that will custom match the color.

Thanks in advance.

Clear skies,

Paint match for powder coat color

Someone once posted here on VAF that the Ford Tractor Gray paint from Tractor Supply Company was a perfect match.

Rustoleum or Tremclad grey rust paint. Very close in color, sticks to scuffed metal without primer and dries hard.

V

Yes, Ford tractor gray is a perfect match for Van's powdercoat color............available at Tractor Supply :D

yup ford tractor light gray

yeah I poasted a note about it about a year ago. I found an enamel spray paint at Agri-supply that is really close to Van's powdercoat color. It takes a while to dry but it's tough as nails once it does. Here is a link to it on Agri-supply's online catalog. Ford light gray tractor paint

Dry time for tractor paint?

I went with the ford tractor grey spray paint on my interior...looks great...however it is still "soft" after almost 48 hours? I thought this stuff was bomb proof? Does this paint take days to completely setup?

Thanks

Take a sample to your local auto paint shop - he will make up an aerosol to match.

We did our RV interior to match an Airbus interior colour that I stole from work.....................

They made up a quart of 2 pack and did 2 rattle cans for touch ups - can't tell the difference.

I went with the ford tractor grey spray paint on my interior...looks great...however it is still "soft" after almost 48 hours? I thought this stuff was bomb proof? Does this paint take days to completely setup?

Mine didn't. I let mine dry overnight (about 12 hours) and it was fine.