flickroll

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if the RAMI AV-12L will pick up glideslope signals in addition to VOR/LOC? This is for an installation with an SL30 Nav/Com. The RAMI website does not mention GS for this antenna. Actually it does not mention LOC either but if it picks up VOR it has to pick up LOC. The specs for the Comant CI-157P specifically say it tunes GS, but it is about double the cost of the RAMI.

Thanks

G/S Antenna

I am not familiar with this particular antenna, but usually the G/S antenna is a separate antenna. You are correct that the VOR/LOC antenna is one and the same.
On the spam cans that I used to work on, the G/S antenna was mounted on the windshield, and the VOR/LOC antenna was on the top of the cabin.

Well, the SL30 only has one antenna input for NAV, so you HAVE to have an antenna that does VOR/LOC/GS. Louise's -6 has a cat-whisker antenna that performs just fine for all three functions, and the RAMI AV-12L looks to be a cat-whisker as well, so I'd be pretty confident that it would work. It doesn't take much to make a GS antenna - a stripped piece of Coax will do it - not very critical.

Paul

Called RAMI today and they said it picks up GS just fine. A splitter is required for radios with a separate GS input, for the SL30 just plug in the nav cable. Kinda what I thought, but good to check...