Toobuilder

Well Known Member
I have both an Ipad and a Mini for use in the cockpit. However, both of these devices are in an Otterbox armored case.

Does anyone know if there is a RAM cradle (or equivalent) that fits the Otterbox for either of these devices?

EDIT: Found the cradle for the large Ipad/otter box on the RAM site... Anybody have a PIREP?

Last edited:
I have both an Ipad and a Mini for use in the cockpit. However, both of these devices are in an Otterbox armored case.

Does anyone know if there is a RAM cradle (or equivalent) that fits the Otterbox for either of these devices?

EDIT: Found the cradle for the large Ipad/otter box on the RAM site... Anybody have a PIREP?

I have used the RAM mount for the original IPAD and it worked really great, this is without any case otherwise it will not fit. Now I have the IPAD air which is thiner and smaller so will have to look for a new mount.

I have used the X-GRIP mounts will good results. It's a two-handed process to insert/extract but it holds well with any style case. There is a "small tablet" size and a "big tablet" size.

I adapted the cover for my mini Otterbox to serve as the mount:

fxCNrma.jpg

66bHxMl.jpg

otter3a.jpg

Works great, even in moderate turbulence.

Last edited: