BrianP

Still at the start of our build. Page 6-3 asks you to radius the corners at the forward end of the nose rib flanges. Section 5 is not overly clear on how to do this. Is there a special tool that can be used to curve the flanges? Do you wrap the skin around it and look for pressure points? And how do you debur the edge in the small gap between the flanges?

Thanks!

You don't need to take much material off - just look down the flange and you'll see where portions at the nose stick up beyond the bounds of a smooth curve (by the bent portion mostly). This is just a function of flat material that is tangent to a circle inherently having its edges stick beyond that circular boundary. I used my scotchbrite wheel to round them off. The sander was too aggressive given how little material gets removed. It should literally just take a few seconds for each rib.

In terms of deburring the notches, I just fold some sand paper up and run it through each notch a few times. Just enough to knock off any sharp edges - they are usually just on one side of the material due to the lip created during the cutting of the part.