drewbro

I have recently purchased an RV-7 project and need to have it moved cross country. Is there a reputable company that can acomplish this without damage. I would prefer not to have to do the trip myself.

You show you are living in AZ, so I assume you want to bring the plane there from somewhere to the east.

You might be able to get Partain to bring it back from one of his deliveries to that side of the country, he might even give you a better deal since he wont be "dead heading" back.

I suspect he (Partain) will see this and reply----------or you can fine his contact info from Vans.

Good luck,

Mike

Thanks for the response. I left a message with Tony and hopefully I can catch him before he goes back east again.

My 7 has made 2 xc moves from Tampa > Vegas > Tampa.
I used a Penske truck both times. Their 17' trucks are correctly sized.
UHaul counts the "over the cab" space. I took comfort in knowing that I could periodically stop & check on the kit while enroute.
Penske was priced lower than all the others. MY mpg was better than rated for the vehicle. I was getting around 11 mpg. No offence to Tony. He quoted me around $3400 from Vegas to Tampa. It cost me about half that amount. I think Tony is competitve out west but not when going to the southeast.

Last edited:
RV move

You will be pleased if you can get Tony to move it for you. He did a great job for me. G.P.

I think Tony is competitve out west but not when going to the southeast.

The reason for the higher quote going to FL from NV is that we are at full capacity shipping from Vans. Our service continues to be very popular with the RV community. In this instance would have had to run from Aurora to Las Vegas with a partial load. This amount would have been figured into the freight rate that was quoted. Most resold or planes that are moved after they are started will require much more space on the trailer due to the extra items that inevitably find their way on the shipment, plus getting them packed as efficiently as the factory guys can is impossible due to construction being started. This scenario always equates to more space on the trailer.
We have a lower total cost for shipping than all other means from the factory. It?s also easier since we have implemented shipping most fuselages on wheels now. We just roll the fuselage into your shop. We have fewer damage claims than any other method period. If your time is important and you figure in the amount that you will spend getting there to pick up the plane and drive it back home in most cases we can do it cheaper and easier.

So as to the quote above it?s only correct for that one instance, not for factory shipped RV?s and most resold RV?s.

If you are shipping from the factory we are the least expensive and the safest method. Just do a search on Partain Transport, VAF or web. More service for less money from a company that ships only aircraft that?s owned by a RV builder with 30 years in the transport business. Our drivers have over 100 year's combined experience in the transport industry.

We have worked very hard to make this a good thing for the builders and Vans. Talking to builders and the factory crew on a daily basis is the best part of this job.

Also one other thing we have started working with several other "manufacturers of kit planes?, there is a reason that Vans Aircraft is the world's largest kit plane manufacturer. They do it better that anyone else on the planet. Honest and reliable.

BTW Dan no offence taken, I just wanted to clear up the price of your quote.

Tony Partain said:
The reason for the higher quote going to FL from NV is that we are at full capacity shipping from Vans. Our service continues to be very popular with the RV community. In this instance would have had to run from Aurora to Las Vegas with a partial load. This amount would have been figured into the freight rate that was quoted. Most resold or planes that are moved after they are started will require much more space on the trailer due to the extra items that inevitably find their way on the shipment, plus getting them packed as efficiently as the factory guys can is impossible due to construction being started. This scenario always equates to more space on the trailer.

BTW Dan no offence taken, I just wanted to clear up the price of your quote.

No offense taken. I realized that it was uncommon for you to do that FL route & you probably were quoting me for the round trip.
I had also talked to a Velocity kit transporter that would go from FL to CA. I figured he could take advantage of returning with another kit plane. We could never get coordinated with a date. BTW, I've only heard good things about your service.