JVolkober

Well Known Member
For the past three years I have been using the Quiet Technologies head set with my PS Engineering PAR100EX audio panel. I have not been able to get the head set to work with the PAR100EX Blue Tooth connection. Have others had similar experience?

John Volkober

No, I have both of those and the bluetooth (music) works fine. Call PS Engineering and see if they can find your issue.

Last edited:
I have discussed with Phil McCandless at Quiet Technologies. He suspects that it has to do with the impedance mismatch issue with the speakers used at the time my two headsets were produced. He suggested that I need to turning the HALO volume way down, which would lower the impedance; I should not exceed one third of the available range. Then compensate by increasing volume on radios and intercom. Is that your experience? When did you purchase your headset?

John

I have discussed with Phil McCandless at Quiet Technologies. He suspects that it has to do with the impedance mismatch issue with the speakers used at the time my two headsets were produced. He suggested that I need to turning the HALO volume way down, which would lower the impedance; I should not exceed one third of the available range. Then compensate by increasing volume on radios and intercom. Is that your experience? When did you purchase your headset?

John

My halos were purchased in 2012 and work at all volumes. I can't fathom what he is talking about, the Bluetooth is how the signal gets INTO the radio...the fact that the radio is outputting music or ATC is irrelevant to the speakers receiving the signal. I take it your halos work fine with the radio? If so, there is something wrong with the Bluetooth. Mine works fine with my halos, zulu2, Zulu PFX and old David Clarks. For reasons I can't understand, the cell phone option doesn't work with my iPhone 6 (music does)...but did with my iPhone 5. I suspect an IOS issue.

I spoke with PS Engineering support. As I was discussing the issue, I realized that I have not recently checked to make sure my current phone was paired. Second, the tech noted that the iPhone protocols have changed over time. I now have an iPhone 6 and the PAR100EX unit is one of the first shipped. It is likely I need to send the unit in for a software update.

Once I double check the pairing and, if necessary, send the unit in for a software update, I will post the results.

John

Final Comment

Received unit back from PS Engineering with firm ware update. Bluetooth works as advertised.

John