ao.frog

Well Known Member
Hi folks.

I just want the shear with you a REALLY good example of customer care! This beats everything I've experienced so far!

I bought two Halo headsets a couple of years ago and they've been really good, both the damping and quality of the sound.

Unfortunately, the cord to one of the headsets got beetween the seatback and the bar behind the seatback during preflight and that squeezed the cable really hard during the following acro-flight.
The result was loss of sound to one of the ears.

I sent the headset back to Quiet Technology for repair and Phil McCandless and his team showed some SUPERB cutomer care:

First he answered my first e-mail enquiry about repair very prompt.
Then he told me immeadetely when the headset arrived with them.
Then they repaired the headset FOR FREE even though it was my fault.
Then they overhauled the headset and replaced an slighly worn eartube.
Then they installed their new version of cables which is sturdier than the previous one.
Then they included 40 (!) sets of new earplugs.
Then they shipped it back to me.

AND ALL THIS WAS TOTALY FREE!!!

I can honestly say I have NEVER experienced this type of customer before! This tells me that Quiet Tech REALLY takes care of their customers, even those who live far away.

Up until now, I've recommened the Halo headset to my friends for the weight, comfort, sound quality and price, but from now on I'll sure recommend the headsets for Quiet Tech's customer care too!

PS: I've included the headset cable placement on my preflight now... :)

love them too

i can only second alf olav's experience with phil at quiettechnologies.

bought the first set two years ago at osh and got a second one this summer (for the pax). replaced the first one for free (so i would have two with the latest design iterations)
the Halos are either love or hate to people, almost no in-betweens. guess it has to do with how the earplugs fit (tightness etc...) and wheter somebody gets annoyed wearing them for a prolonged time.

IMHO only the yellow earpieces (or a custom mold, which i haven't considered yet) cut the mustard, the other pieces aren't tight enough.

also i've yet to solve a funny whistle problem when connected to a backup handheld icom radio that other headsets don't exhibit. about the only complaint and no biggie. no problems with the main audio system (GMA340, SL30, ICOM200)

rgds,
bernie