Thanks, my film maybe too dry and brittle for this method, but I'll sure give it a try. At this point the only thing that works at all is the fingernail scratch method. It may take paint remover.

Chemicals

Don't put paint remover on aluminum. Some products have chemicals that could damage the aluminum. Laquer thinner maybe.

Steam

I couldn't get the blue film off several panels that were sun dried for several years. I tried alcohol, thinner, mek, glue remover, stripper, sun,hair dryer, iron, heat lamp, you name it.

This morning I finally was able to get it off with a commercial jiffy steamer that I borrowed from momma. It took about 4 hours to do two bottom wing panels. The steam loosened the plastic and off it came with persuasion from a plastic scrapper.

Next time, I'll just reorder the panels from Vans.

Before seeing the caution against paint stripper. I applied a product called Klean Strip, KS-3 that claims to be safe on aluminum. In 10 minutes the coating bubbled up as paint would and easily scraped off with wood block and then washed with mineral spirits, per instructions. No visible damage or change in appearance of the aluminum. This coating had a black base coat and white outer coat. I think I'll watch it for a few days for changes before using on non-critical, non-structural part. Thanks again for everyone's helpful comments!