carrollcw

Well Known Member
Well folks, I need some advice here. My RV7 QB (fuselage and wings) is being delivered by Partain on Friday wooohooo!!! However, I will be out of town for work, boooo! My wife will be home, and I can get a friend or two over to help. But what stuff should I do to prepare the garage before it arrives? I need to make this go as smooth as possible since I won't even be there to help out!

Thanks!

Having two friends over would be best. Just make sure there is plenty of room in the shop and if there in a lip and the entrance, have a block of wood ready to act as a ramp. Beyond that just ask your wife to take picture of the crates as they are delivered and to note and damage to the crates on the BOL.

Partain doesn't use crates for qb

The fuse will be on a rolling cart, the driver (maybe one of the Mike's) will be able to get it out of his trailer and to your location. I had 2 helpers and so the 3 of us lifted the fuse off the cart and then on to some moving blankets on my garage floor.

I got standard build wings so those did come in crates, I would imagine the qb wings are also on a cart so you will need a cradle or lots of floor space to place them gently without damage.

So - get some guys there to lift and a nice safe place to put everything down until you get back.

Also, make sure to have someone look for dings or scratches, just to be sure. Tony's guys are very good at, and used to, moving plane parts, but things do happen. And qb parts aren't really protected/wrapped, so just make sure.

Last edited:
If you don't have a wing rack yet, you might want to have some moving blankets or pads that you can lay on the ground to lay the wings flat (stack one on top of the other) until you have a better option.

Paul