odens_14

Well Known Member
My quickbuild -7 is being delivered tomorrow via Partain. I have the wing cradle and fuse stand ready to go. Does anyone have any advice to make things go smoothly tomorrow. I can't think of anything but thought someone might have some "been there, done that" advice for me. Thanks.

The truck and trailer are fairly long-----move cars off the street in front of the house. Gives them room to maneuver.

2 or 3 helpers will be plenty to do the lifting.

Wheels on the wing cradle and fuse stand will make things easier for you.

The delivery should go fine, Partain is a class act, and they have gotten things down to a science.

1. 2 or 3 helpers
2. a way to secure the wings in the stand(strap, tiedown or even duct tape)
3. camera
4. shop chair
5. cool drink

Partain does a grreat job delivering. 3 people can move the fuselage with ease. 2 can move a wing. 1 person can snap of few pics for your album. the chair and cool drinks are for after unloading, so you can sit back and savor the moment.

The driver was at my house for <30 minutes. Piece of cake.

Check it for damage!!!! A friend had a plane delivered recently (bought from Paul Story) that was damaged big time by one of Partains drivers. This issue is still not resolved after months. I really feel really bad as I put the Buyer on to the Seller and also referred the Buyer to Partain. The Buyer received a damaged plane from Partain and Tony has not resolved the issue. I've been a big Partain fan, he's delivered crates to me but this issue has been ignored.

Last edited:
and...

Two more items:

1) A pillow from the coach to toss in so you can hop in a do airplane noices!

2) Two cutoff broomsticks so you can advance power and haul that thing into a victory roll!

PS: you don't have to remember to bring the grin...It'll show up by itself once you get in!

Check it for damage!!!! A friend had a plane delivered recently (bought from Paul Story) that was damaged big time by one of Partains drivers. This issue is still not resolved after months. I really feel really bad as I put the Buyer on to the Seller and also referred the Buyer to Partain. The Buyer received a damaged plane from Partain and Tony has not resolved the issue. I've been a big Partain fan, he's delivered crates to me but this issue has been ignored.

I'm not sure why Darrell is posting here but the claim was handled two weeks ago, a check was sent to the customer at that time. The customer was in Mexico for a couple of weeks, so that slowed things down a little.

We contacted Vans and got a recommendation on the repair. Mark over at Team Rocket went over and worked up and estimate that was right in line with Vans time estimate.

As for the damage being "big time", the basis of the repair was repairing two skins and a small rub mark on the motor mount.

Last edited:
Plane is in the garage!

Well the driver showed up at 10 sharp, just like he said he would. Kit arrived in perfect condition and was a simple unload. Next time I would try to avoid Oshkosh week as that delayed things a bit; but I would definitely use Partain again. Pics will be up soon on my log.

Well the driver showed up at 10 sharp, just like he said he would. Kit arrived in perfect condition and was a simple unload. Next time I would try to avoid Oshkosh week as that delayed things a bit; but I would definitely use Partain again. Pics will be up soon on my log.

Good Deal, glad everything went well! Can't wait to see the pics.