Redwagon

Howdy-

Anyone have an idea of what antenna coax weighs per unit length? I'm looking at a few different antenna options and if the Coax adds up to a lot of weight I'm going to head on a different path.

Tim

Different Coax (RG-xxx)...

have different electrical and physical properties. The best suggestion I have is to decide what Coax type is needed, then go to the cable manufacturers web site and cross reference the coax type to the specifications for that coax. You should see an entry for weight-per-1,000 feet.

Some manufacturers are Alpha, and General Cable, but it is best to actually use the data tables from the coax manufacturer that you anticipate that you will actually use.

thanks

OK thanks I'll do that, I realize there are different types but was looking for some ballpark numbers. Will do the homework.

Tim

????

Howdy-

Anyone have an idea of what antenna coax weighs per unit length? I'm looking at a few different antenna options and if the Coax adds up to a lot of weight I'm going to head on a different path.

Tim

Your kidding, right?? Even all the coax you'd put in won't add up to the cheeseburger you had for lunch.