AndyRV7

Well Known Member
I have some wheel pant work to do. I read the old threads I could find but came away unsure. Is it epoxy resin I need?? Also, is 4 or 6 ounce cloth appropriate? Thanks! Andy

Yes

Epoxy resin for all Vans FG parts. I used 3 to 4 ply of 8oz bi-axial cloth to make my pant leg fairings and build up for riveted areas. Just depends on what you are doing. I'm sure if you already have some 6 you'll be fine, just adjust number of plys to suit your needs.....BTW nice rooster!

That's great advice. Thanks! I have some 4ounce in my surfboard ding repair box. I think I'll add some 6 and 8. I'd be curious to see some pics or hear about your leg fairings. Did you have to build a positive form to glass?Thanks again.

The Rooster was my largest. Down in Panama 2 years ago. Andy

Fiber glass

Hi Andy. Done a fair amount of fiber glass work in my life.
Give a shout if you like can go through it with you. You should not
Need a mold. 401-862-5577.

Al

Shaped Clay

That's great advice. Thanks! I have some 4ounce in my surfboard ding repair box. I think I'll add some 6 and 8. I'd be curious to see some pics or hear about your leg fairings. Did you have to build a positive form to glass?Thanks again.

The Rooster was my largest. Down in Panama 2 years ago. Andy

Used clay to shape the form then layer the glass over that.... Still have a lot of topside finish work to do but, headed the right way.....

Just got back from Boca Chica ..... First trip to Panama, had a blast! Spent a week fishing our way up the coast from Panama to Los Suenous...... Have to be careful not to spend my plane money on fishing trips....... Not doing so good....

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/category.php?user=sapeloson&project=831&category=10251