jclark

Well Known Member
Benefactor
We had another Board Meeting a few days ago and a few general things I can say there include:

1. New website launched April 28th. Lots of improvements to go but a big change. To **MY SURPRISE** the FIRST airplane to come up on the BIG BANNER is an experimental, RV, that is **my** RV6!!! I must admit that I had nothing to do with that. :)

2. If you visit the "AirVenture section" you will notice more focus on the word "OSHKOSH". That means more than one might think.

3. Good progress is being made in the discussion areas of Safety (first flights, Phase I etc) and Medicals.

4. You can expect to see some progress (it will take a while) in improvements for areas associated with homebuilders.

Mark and I (MCA) have agreed to post a relevant summary on some of this when we get solid data and public progress words that we can share.

We will NOT use Doug's forum as a place for discussion or debate. Please just accept this as positive news for now and if you have specific questions or comments, feel free to send to me DIRECTLY "jclarkmail" over there at the "gmail.com" place.

James

2. If you visit the "AirVenture section" you will notice more focus on the word "OSHKOSH". That means more than one might think....

From Airventure WebPage:

AV14_1cWebLogo_white.png

Thank you!

Last edited:
Great Job!

James,

As an aviator, home builder and RVer, I am glad that you and your brethren on the Board are on the job. EAA is brighter, smarter and more responsive every day, thanks to all of you and Jack Pelton. Thank you!

Gosh, it looks like we've become the Experimental Aircraft Association again!

So what's the first thing I see on the new website? This:

"EAA is accepting applications for the following support positions at EAA AirVenture 2014, July 28-August 3:"

"Bartender"

WTH? I've been to Oshkosh 33 times in a row, and have never seen any EAA bar. Where is it? lol

Oshkosh!

John,

I have attended the Oshkosh since 1980. Haven't been every year, but have 11 mugs, for attending with my home built airplanes. And other spam cans, but no mugs.

Oshkosh has always been the word to talk about where we have been, and where we are going to. The adoption of Air Venture Oshkosh was the year we lost our rudder. Glad to read that we are on a path to regain our direction.
Thanks for your service. I hope you continue to guide EAA in a direction that us home builders can be proud of. I know you will.

Thank You
Jay Pratt

John,

I have attended the Oshkosh since 1980. Haven't been every year, but have 11 mugs, for attending with my home built airplanes. And other spam cans, but no mugs.

Oshkosh has always been the word to talk about where we have been, and where we are going to. The adoption of Air Venture Oshkosh was the year we lost our rudder. Glad to read that we are on a path to regain our direction.
Thanks for your service. I hope you continue to guide EAA in a direction that us home builders can be proud of. I know you will.

Thank You
Jay Pratt

The thanks goes to Jack Pelton and the team.

Several of us "encourage" and "support" and sometime "push" certain points, but the real heavy lifting is done by the reconstituted team that is working hard with a renewed spirit.

The "Homebuilt Council" is working a LOT of stuff that applies to many but especially to RV's.

So again, if you have comments you want to make sure get heard (the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY :) ), let us know .... OFFLINE.

James