ka6dan

Well Known Member
I have a issue with my RV9A quick built wing and the aileron alignment. I constructed the alignment tool on the right wing, per the plans. I used the two holes in the end rib. All this went well and I was able to set the aileron push rod. Now I'm working in the left wing. It turns out the quick built wing has a plastic wiring grommet in the place of the lower hole. I assume this is standard with the quick built wing. If so, what's the standard approach to aligning the left quick built aileron?

Are you sure you are using the correct holes? I just went and looked at my wings and the holes you should have is one in the nose rib of the wing and one in the main rib towards the trailing edge. I have the gommets as well, but they are in both wings and in the main rib.

Are you sure you are using the correct holes? I just went and looked at my wings and the holes you should have is one in the nose rib of the wing and one in the main rib towards the trailing edge. I have the gommets as well, but they are in both wings and in the main rib.

Dwg 15 View C-C shows the two tooling holes used for alignment in the main outboard wing rib W-912. The nose rib holes are not used. I would remove the bushing and replace it if needed after match drilling your wing tip.

Last edited: