kcpgm

How much time does the quick build rv-10 fuse save from the slow build i'm in maine and the freight will be very high and then add the $6000 extra charge

I have built 7 slow build and a 9 with quick build and it didn't take me long to get the fuse to quick build stage but i believe the -10 will be different

What time difference have you guys heard

ken

It was about 3 months for me but I have been putting in a fair amount of time on the project.
Plus I have been able to put in the conduit as I built it and don't have to pull any of the floor panels which you will have to do on a QB.

Cost me 6-7 months, but the same comments about prewiring and conduit apply.

Finish kit for jan 3 delivery.

eric gohr

Ken,
Practically your neighbor here in Nova Scotia. Ordered the RV-10 tail kit today. How far along are you with yours?
Ron

I went QB on my RV10 fuse. There's very few pop rivets to drill out to get under the panels. takes about 15 minutes to drill them out, to me, that wasn't worth 3-7months. What seems to take a lot of time is reading the instructions, & figuring out what steps have been done & which ones haven't. Going through the pages, one at a time, reading each step, figuring out, is this that F-...#? since you didn't physically "unwrap" that numbered part yourself, I think you kind of have to study the plans a little more closely. If I remember correctly, which I'm sure I'll get hammered into the dirt if I'm wrong, seems like there was one section or page that was completely done (QB) except one step. This really isn't a bad thing at all because you do need to thoroughly read & understand the directions & plans anyway. Bottom line is, I'm glad I did the QB.
I did the, as Van's calls it, standard wing. When I came to a section later in the build, plans called for riveting this part to that part, I recollected seeing or "handling" that part in the past. Not exactly so with the QB. This part you have in your hand (you unwrapped it) rivets to or attaches to a part that's already been installed or riveted in place for which you never saw the # on because you never saw the number because it was already in.
I've really enjoyed both the standard wing & the QB fuse. I don't think there's any plans or instructions for any other homebuilt airplanes out there that are easier to read and understand than the RV10. Not to mention the bits of humor tossed in here & there.
Anyway, this is ONLY my opinion and mine alone. Should not be taken as gospel & the only way to go. Which ever way you decide, you'll still enjoy the ride.

Marshall Alexander-OKC
RV10 QB fuse-ready to fit cabin cover