BILLH

I'm New Here
How difficult is it to retrofit quick adjust rudder pedals in place of ground adjustable pedals in the RV-8. I'm 6'2" and my pilot wife is 5'4". (We're 90% pilot and only 10% builder.)

Other than the fact that you will be working upside down the whole time, I don't think it would be very hard. I think that the attachment holes are in the fuse, regardless of the pedals ordered.

It would be well worth it, if you are moving the standard pedals back and forth right now.

It depends....

How difficult is it to retrofit quick adjust rudder pedals in place of ground adjustable pedals in the RV-8.....

Without knowing the builder assembly practices or even what vintage your RV-8 is, the degree of difficulty retrofitting cockpit adjustable rudder pedals may depend upon a few significant items of detail. First, I suggest you verify the noted nutplates have been installed. One some airplanes those nutplates have been left out. Also note a pair of firewall penetrations that accomodate the cockpit adjustable option. If these issues pose no particular problem to you, the retrofit should be relatively easy to accomplish.

2a82f6r.jpg

293u3ia.jpg