RV10Rob

Well Known Member
I'm about to order the seat belts for my -10 from Crow. A couple questions for those that have gone before me:
  • Does anyone actually prefer the standard latching mechanism (vs. the "Kam Lock")? I've used the standard one, and it's definitely cumbersome especially for people who've never used one before, but I have no experience with the Kam
  • Has anyone used the "Kam Lock" with a car seat? No kids now, but we are young and do have a couple extra seats, so you never know :)

Thanks...

-Rob

Crow knob

I ordered the Crow belts for my RV7, did not ask and they showed up with the Kam Lock. Turn in one direction and it locks open. Turn in the other direction it opens and it springs back to close. When you put it on, just jam each belt in to the buckle just like a seat belt in a car. That black anodized knob looks good. My only experience with the loop and latch system took an extra minute to buckle up. Every first timer will need instruction--put this through first then this and this.... I don't see a down side to the Kam Lock.

I have the Kam lock also and it's definitely worth the extra cost. Still half what you'd pay for the same from hooker.

One suggestion, if you're planning on pads get the sewn on version. The velcro ones move and allow the belt to twist inside. I'm planning on sending them back and getting the sewn ones.

I organized the group but and think the guys at Crow are great to work with.

Kam lock

I have the Kam lock also and it's definitely worth the extra cost. Still half what you'd pay for the same from hooker.

One suggestion, if you're planning on pads get the sewn on version. The velcro ones move and allow the belt to twist inside. I'm planning on sending them back and getting the sewn ones.

I organized the group buy and think the guys at Crow are great to work with.

This may engender the gagging reflex, but I got my seat-belt/shoulder harness from a Chrysler corp. car. It has the winder mechanism that allows it to lock slightly away from your body with no tension. If you're really in to safety, the seat belt with the air bag is probably better than the four or five point harness.