twinaz

I'm New Here
I may be looking to sell a few of my tools. Looking for advice on common pricing and payment. Is there a typical price point such as 50% or 75% of new cost of tools? Is payment accepted typically certified funds and prior to shipment? Are most transactions simply "honor system" by both parties in regards to payment and shipping?

Depends

Everything is different. Bought a large amount of my tools used and felt 50 - 60% was fair. Some of the big sellers might bring a bit more. Bundle buys seem to be a little lower because of the cost and inconvenience of packing etc. Payment is individually based, usually from getting burned. Most RV folks seem to be great and I have not had a problem to date. Paypal is always a safe way to go if you have an account, but there is a cost. Have used checks, and even cash when nothing else seemed to work. I'm sure you will get a lot of comments on this one. Don

Thought so

Just like pilots in general being quite honest and more or less a brotherhood, I suspected that the RV community especially would be a trustworthy bunch. I wouldn't expect it to be a common thing that guys get "burned".
A few of the things I may get rid of are due to a possible switch to a "12" which would mean not needing hard riveting tools (at least not as many). One thing in particular would be a Cleaveland Main Squeeze. Silly to leave the stuff sit around if not using.
I was just interested in the typical protocol.

?? QUESTIONS ABOUT SELLING

I have sold several things on the forum and never considered not dealing with good folks. I usually ask about 50% of retail and include shipping via USPS, very reasonable. I have used PayPal and checks, but prefer PayPal because with PayPal I get to keep and spend the money for other toys. With checks, my wife deposits them and I never see the money again. Dan

I might be interested

In the main squeeze - price dependant of course. And I live in Phoenix, I could meet you and pay cash if thats of interest to you, makes it easy. PM me if interested. Tahnks and good luck.

One thing in particular would be a Cleaveland Main Squeeze. Silly to leave the stuff sit around if not using.
I was just interested in the typical protocol.

Be...

Careful with shipping cost on heavy or big items. It will get you. I've sold a lot of tools here, make sure they are what you say they are and you should be good.

Remember you can always drop your price, but can't raise it after you find an interested buyer. It's like fishing, the jucier the worm the likelier you will get a bite...

:D

Shipping and Payment

For those that are not aware, the post office offers two flat rate shipping boxes for about $10.00 and $13.00. They'll take anything that fits into the box up to 70 lbs. Its a pretty good option for some of the heavy items we ship.

Robert