AX-O

Well Known Member
I spoke with someone at Safe Air1 about the pitot tube mast a few weeks back. The guy was very helpful. I tried to place an order via the website but it is not secured (http). Has anyone order via their website? Any problems? Also, how does the mast compare to others?

I've ordered from them twice via the website. No problems, awesome service btw. I had the intial part shipped to a UPS store. The store was confused and kept telling me the part wasn't there. Safeair sent a new one, no questions asked. When I went and picked up there were 2 boxes and of course sent one back.

great to deal with.

M

I bought a Gretz mount and can't say I was impressed. Pitot mounting holes were way off, #8 dimples weren't and I had to file out both plates for the streamline tubing to fit through. I could have built the parts for the same money/ time and they would have been better.

Had another friend using one on a -7 project. Same thing- holes off, shallow dimples. QC slipping maybe?

Last edited:
I chose the Gretz pitot mount only because it was removable - a feature I liked only to keep the pitot mount off of the wings to keep it from getting hit. I was not impressed at all with the way the kit came. If I had to do it again, I would of bought the SafeAir1 kit and modified it with a homemade mouting plate to make it removable. It would of added a couple of extra hours, but easily justfied by the $50 cost difference.