Captain Avgas

Well Known Member
I have installed the tacho transducer supplied by Vans that screws into the Lycoming accessory case (model IE VTACHGEN 12).

I understand from former posts that this transducer has been used successfully in conjunction with both the GRT and Dynon EFISs.

Has anyone with an AFS EFIS also had success with this transducer. Alternatively has anyone had problems with this combination (I can't seem to find anything in the archives on this combination).

Trying again

Obviously I'm struggling to get an answer on this one. Surely some-one out there is using Vans tacho transducer with an AFS Engine Management System (or has attempted to do so).

I'd appreciate some feedback.

Or perhaps some-one knows how many pulses per engine revolution the Vans transducer sends.

IIRC, it's 4 pulses... I'm pretty sure that's what I have it set to... I would be VERY surprised if this didnt' work with the AFS EFIS.. this particular transducer is as "standard" as it gets, so I'd expect it to work with every system out there.. I have no doubts that it'll work great in your plane..

yes, it is 4 pulses. I just set mine today. I am concerned that mine may be drawing a lot of current though, wondering if i have a defective transducer.

I am using it with a Dynon EMS. Works great. I dont remember what I set the pulses to., but it was more than one.