mikeangiulo

I'm looking at drawing 73 and trying to mark the three locaitons for the bolts that attach the bottom of the VS rear spar. The bottom middle bolt seems to be aligned 1/32 higher than the line connecting the two rivets in the aft bulkhead. That's fine. But when I go to measure up for the two bolts that go through the lower hinge bracket I can't figure out the measurments. The plans say "7/8 2pl" but that wouldn't be far enough. The plans say they are 50% scale and the measurment isn't even 7/16" so that has to be a typo.

Then it says double check for edge distance. So should I start with an estimate of 2D for the bolts (which would be 1/2") up from the bottom edge of the hinge bracket? it's hard to tell where that's going to come out the other side.

If anyone has the plans handy and wants to help me understand how I'm reading those dimensions wrong I'd sure appreciate it!

Oh and may your favorite team win today.

Got a report back from Van's on this.

"There was an error on the drawing. Change the 7/8" dimension to 1 23/32".
That should make things work out OK."

Just in case anyone read this but didn't want to respond!

-Mike

Thanks

Got a report back from Van's on this.

"There was an error on the drawing. Change the 7/8" dimension to 1 23/32".
That should make things work out OK."

Just in case anyone read this but didn't want to respond!

-Mike

Thanks for posting, I am not that far yet, but appreciate people who post little nuggets like this one. I will go check my drawing and pencil in the correct number. I am sure you post will save a few folks a phone call.

Cheers