curtis

Well Known Member
Is there a concern with corrosion on the aircraft that have had wraps applied over bare aluminum? I know that there is a huge difference in the quality of material between the wrap and the blue plastic from Vans that protects the metal from the factory, but I have seen too many instances of corrosion under the edges of the blue plastic.

Please do not take my post wrong cause I think the wraps are a great option, just an observation / question.

I have a salt fog chamber at work, if any vendors want to do any corrosion testing. PM me for details.

Primer

I plan to sacrifice some of the weight savings and prime the exterior for that reason.

I plan to sacrifice some of the weight savings and prime the exterior for that reason.

This is completely a great option. Up to the owner/builder.

We do take preventive measures to protect the edges of ALL your exposed metal.

If you see one of our wraps on the ramp, go look at the flight control surfaces to see an example. (You have to look under the Horz to see our logo or you'll never know its wrapped and not paint.) Something I'm trying to figure out how to change so people know it's wrapped? Our 1st plane actual has "THIS PLANE IS NOT PAINTED" on the leading edge of the wing!:eek:

Please feel free to post questions:

Here is a 17+ page thread with many answers to any questions. Please take a look. As you can imagine... we answer the same questions all the time. In the interest of us getting started on our next project we ask pilots to review the thread and email us any other questions for a rapid response.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=110165&page=3&highlight=aircraftwraps

I'll try to jump back on VAF today. However the last few days have been swamped with emails and forum/facebook/instagram and it's time for me to help the guys in the install hangar clean up for our next wrap and head to the print shop for graphics input on another.

My 12 year old is on his 1st of summer vacation: I said put on your AW shirt and your working with me today! He said, "we get to fly!"

I said, "no, clean a hangar with the installers and go to the print shop"... he was not happy! Just like his daddy!

I want to go fly today! :mad:

Everyone meet the next AircraftWraps reposition pilot and racer! Video was 2 years ago.

https://vimeo.com/37284173

Regards,

Scott Farnsworth
Founder AircraftWraps