MrNomad

Well Known Member
Has anyone given any thought to a temporary hangar we could frame out of steel or pvc that would partially cover an airplane stored outside?

We have a friend in a nearby airpark who will allow us to store our airplanes on his property and construct a temp hangar to keep my 9A and soon-to-be-completed 6A airplanes partially under cover.

The key ingredient is the word "temporary" else we will run afoul of the local municipality and airpark mgt.

There are lots of examples on the web but we're looking for inexpensive ideas and creative materials others have used.

Thanks.

I have previously used an agricultural polytunnel as a hangar. The only ground work is a set of galvanised steel tubes sunk into the ground into which the main hoops are placed.
Cost for a 9m wide by 10.5 deep hangar and 10 year life covering materials was about ?2500 (about $4000). Erection took 4 people and 2 days roughly.
We had the ground poles set in concrete 6" below the soil so that they could be cut off without leaving a footprint (helped define it as a temporary building).
They can get very hot in the summer and need some ventilation built in.

I've found one photo:
1140847_t.jpg