JDanno

Well Known Member
I'm at the stage where I need to rivet the F-1075 aft top skin to the F-1009 and F-1008 frames and the F-1073 side skins and the F-1032 longerons. Before I do this I want to DOUBLE check that the aft top skin gets riveted BETWEEN the side skins and the longerons. It seems more logical to rivet it OVER the side skins. Like a shingle overlaps another shingle. Water and all that..... What have y'all done? Thanks, Dan

I'm at the stage where I need to rivet the F-1075 aft top skin to the F-1009 and F-1008 frames and the F-1073 side skins and the F-1032 longerons. Before I do this I want to DOUBLE check that the aft top skin gets riveted BETWEEN the side skins and the longerons. It seems more logical to rivet it OVER the side skins. Like a shingle overlaps another shingle. Water and all that..... What have y'all done? Thanks, Dan

It goes on the outside of the side skins.

Mine are on the outside.

Works particularly well if you use an edge former to put a bend on the edge of the sheet. Probably too late if you have already dimpled but it can still be done. I used and liked Cleaveland's EF-60 Edge Former.

Thanks guys!

the direction sheet I have shows the rivets's heads on the side sheets which would mean that the top panel would go in the middle between the longerons. Didn't make any sense to me. Thanks again. Dan