Patch6

I'm New Here
I have the GTN750.

If I were flying the RNAV (GPS) RWY 31 at KMWL in LPV mode and my Baro setting was incorrect yet I was on GPS (loc) and GP (GS), I would still cross the FAF (CUTIS) at 2500 (MSL), right? The only thing affected would be the minimus at which I went missed. That being either too high or too low, depending on the Baro setting? Assuming I flew the approach in LNAV (LNAV+V GTN mode), I would cross the FAF too high or too low, again assuming my Baro is set incorrectly? Is this why is is suggest that altitude is checked at the FAF? Probably more so important on a LNAV only approach.

thanks for any input.

I have the GTN750.

If I were flying the RNAV (GPS) RWY 31 at KMWL in LPV mode and my Baro setting was incorrect yet I was on GPS (loc) and GP (GS), I would still cross the FAF (CUTIS) at 2500 (MSL), right? The only thing affected would be the minimus at which I went missed. That being either too high or too low, depending on the Baro setting? Assuming I flew the approach in LNAV (LNAV+V GTN mode), I would cross the FAF too high or too low, again assuming my Baro is set incorrectly? Is this why is is suggest that altitude is checked at the FAF? Probably more so important on a LNAV only approach.

thanks for any input.

next time you’re in the air, take a look at your altimeter when you change the pressure setting then you will have your answer