sgfreeman

I am installing a manual trim cable in a RV-7A. I am mounting the control end at the standard place in the plans using the angled part of the plate where the fuel valve is also mounted. My question is how do you get the cable through the 3/4" hole required? The jam nut hole is smaller than the knurled fitting so you can't slip it down the cable without taking the cable apart. I really don't want to take the cable apart since I don't know how complex it is as and if I would ever get it back together. I guess the other alternative is to cut a slot in the mounting plate rather than use a hole. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Scott

manual trim cable installation

Scott-
Go ahead and take the cable apart. It's really simple inside; just unscrew that knurled fitting, screw the trim control knob all the way in and it comes apart really easily. There's no springs or small parts that come flying out.
Jim
RV-7A Finishing

rvtach said:
Scott-
Go ahead and take the cable apart. It's really simple inside; just unscrew that knurled fitting, screw the trim control knob all the way in and it comes apart really easily. There's no springs or small parts that come flying out.
Jim
RV-7A Finishing

Jim,
Thank you for the great tip. It worked just as you said. You helped me accomplish one more small milestone today- trim cable is installed and rigged.