noelf

Well Known Member
...This is the Application for U.S. Airworthiness Certificate.

I have the EAA step-by-step certification guide, and in that booklet, page 9, there is a "TIP!" about checking a box and indicating the latest AIRWORTHINESS DIRECTIVES and giving the latest date. (section III, B)

I have the Superior XP O-360 engine and Sensenich prop on an RV-6A. Do I need to really check this referenced box, and if so, what kind of AD date do I use.

Thanks for your help...

Check with your DAR or FAA inspector and see what he expects. Mine wanted me to reference the latest Lycoming IO-360 AD list (even though I have a Mattituck engine built from ECI components). While I was doing this, I made a list of all of the Service Bulletins I could find that were pertinent to my aircraft. This is for my own use only, but could also serve as a good faith effort to do an AD search.

To simplify--My DAR wanted the AD date for the engine most like mine.

Guy

Mine wanted me to search everything on the plane. I came up with the AD for the precision fuel injection washer. I noted that and most importantly what they wanted was the current AD search biweekly. Mine was 2009-10. Ended up with the bulletin no for the injection AD and the 2009-10 on that line. I would leave that blank and ask the DAR. On inspection day I had done the AD, had the bulletin and had the 2009-10 to put on the form. A check that the AD was performed and that was that.

If it's of any help.. I didn't fill that out.. my plane was inspected by a FAA person and he did not require anything like that to be filled out... so looks like depends who's gonna inspect your plane?? and how that person feels that day..

If it's of any help.. I didn't fill that out.. my plane was inspected by a FAA person and he did not require anything like that to be filled out... so looks like depends who's gonna inspect your plane?? and how that person feels that day..

You can say that again. Way true. I went through all this last saturday. OH, make sure you have every tool you can think of and safety wire. I bet you will be changing things as the inspection goes on, I did.

To directly answer your initial question, yes you need to check this box and fill in the date of the latest bi-weekly AD, as documented on the FAA.gov website.

This is correct. Whether or not you are using any components that may have type certificates associated with them, you are supposed to check the most recent revision of the AD list to verify what (if any) ADs may exist. You indicate that you have done this by placing the date of the revision that you checked in the box on the 8130-6 form.

Cheers!