PhatRV

Well Known Member
Patron
I am diagnosing a low fuel pressure from my first engine start. The max fuel pressure was in the range of 10-12psi, with boost pump or with the engine running without boost pump. The engine is IO360 and I was told the nominal pressure is 27psi. The avionics is all Dynon. I have the new Kalico sensor after the AD.

As part of the diagnosis, I fed compressed air and measured the true pressure using the differential pressure tester. At 30 psi, the fuel pressure level never moved past 12 psi.

Question: is there a way to calibrate the fuel pressure using the Dynon EMS calibration? Or is the sensor kaput?

Thanks

Edit: the engine start went okay. The engine response was nominal and thus I don't think fuel flow was the issue. Fuel flow test yielded 3x the required for this engine

Last edited:
Is your system a Skyview? If so, there’s a software update required to support the new sensors. Go to the SB and you can use a link to connect to the update.

Installation

You may have done this but did you set the fuel pressure gauge to fuel injection so it would show the FI pressure limits? You must also select the FI sensor.

because you are only reading 12 PSI it seems the software installation / configuration is not quite right or you have the wrong sensor.

I think I may put in the incorrect sensor information into the Dynon EMS. The information is from the older fuel sensor. For those who have the updated fuel sensor, can you tell me what is the sensor number you put in the EMS configuration menu?

Thanks again

I think I may put in the incorrect sensor information into the Dynon EMS. The information is from the older fuel sensor. For those who have the updated fuel sensor, can you tell me what is the sensor number you put in the EMS configuration menu?

Thanks again

I did this exact thing last weekend. For the newest version of the high pressure sensors go to the set up > EMS setup > EMS sensor mapping > scroll down to your fuel sensor and highlight > cursor over and select the second column > scroll down the menu until you see the V2 sensor without the DIFF (see pic) select /save it. Then back out to your main screen. Done.

PXL_20230624_210716182.jpg

PXL_20230624_210730171.jpg

PXL_20230624_210805701.jpg

PXL_20230624_210813652.jpg

Dynon P/N: 103-757-000 upgraded fuel sensor.
Kavlico P/N:p255-150G-E4A
J1219

Last edited:
I did this exact thing last weekend. For the newest version of the high pressure sensors go to the set up > EMS setup > EMS sensor mapping > scroll down to your fuel sensor and highlight > cursor over and select the second column > scroll down the menu until you see the V2 sensor without the DIFF (see pic) select /save it. Then back out to your main screen. Done.

I made the change and now the fuel pressure is showing 30psi with the boost pump on. Thanks again.