milt

Just noticed that Van's has charged the balance of the RV8 standard build wing kit to my account. The charge was as of last Thursday and I think they only charge the balance when the kit actually ships. How long before I can expect it to arrive in the Dallas area? This being a short week with Thanksgiving can I expect it to be here before then?

Would\does Van's give you any shipper information that would help track it?

They'll mail you the tracking info.. Shipping is probably a couple weeks out. They want to make their claim on your credit card so if it doesn't go through you can make alternate arrangements before the kit is ready to ship.

Been there

They already mailed the shipping information via snailmail about 5 or 6 weeks ago and I called to correct the information they had on the order. I was told they would bill the balance (75%) to my account when the kit "actually shipped" and that appears to have been last week.

They'll mail you the tracking number. It usually shows up a few days before the kit does.

PJ
RV-10 #40032

milt said:
Just noticed that Van's has charged the balance of the RV8 standard build wing kit to my account. The charge was as of last Thursday and I think they only charge the balance when the kit actually ships.....
Van's must be cranking em out. They too charged the balance of the standard build wing kit on my account the exact same day as yours. Barb Billman told me via phone call that because of the shortened work week, they may or may not be able to get it shipped out this week.