idleup

Well Known Member
My manual and the plans show the pins as part number AN43B-16 but the only thing I got that is close to that (checking the packing sheet to confirm it is the only thing I got) is AN43B-15A. The difference between the two seems to be that the ones I got have threads on them. Anyone else experienced this?

Matt:
If you're going with a removable canopy, you'll need to check the length required for the retractable pins, remove the threaded portion, and chamfer/radius the ends. If you don't intend to install the bellcrank (I'd recommend you do, but mount the mechanism vertically on the subpanel), then use the pins or shoulder bolts along with washers and locknuts.

So it is a known issue that the plans and drawings are referencing an incorrect part number?

idleup said:
So it is a known issue that the plans and drawings are referencing an incorrect part number?
No, you just need to modify what they give you -- per plans.

Maybe I was unclear. DWG 47 references the canopy hinge pin as part number AN43B-16. There is no AN43B-16 on the packing list or kit contents. There is however a part AN43B-15A which is included, but not referenced anywhere within the plans.

My original question was if anyone else has encountered this discrepency.

Dan, I do not understand your comment...There is nothing in the plans stating to modify the AN3B-15A to create a AN43B-16...