ron sterba

Well Known Member
I bought the Andair fuel pump and filter and selector valve during the group buy in dec. I'am building the 9A w/IO 320 and ready for its installation. Has anybody installed theirs yet? If yes was your answer how did you like the installation and did it go pretty easy? Ron in Oregon

Yes, installing the Andair is simple. In fact, it was much easier then the airflow performance. I choose to use two gascolaters at the wing roots for fuel filters, so I only had to plumb the pump. Check out these two photos, first is the old airflow performance, which I replaced with the Andair pump. Tubing bent all over the place. It took days to get it right. Compare that to the one feed line and one exit line on the Andair. In terms of installation, the andair was much easier.

IMG_4411.jpg

IMG_4775.jpg

So Peter it looks like what the guys have been saying that setting up the tubing is quite a challenge. I like the second picture so much cleaner. I did have a guy stop by with a 7 and he said the first installation of Vans configuration (picture #1) he put a paper towel under the valve because it will stain BLUE if theres ever a leak. And it did stain blue on the towel! Sometimes its hard to find a leak and this old trick works. I like your idea of the gascolators at the wing root. Makes sense. I noticed the new stainless fuel lines. Is that because its easy to install new fuel lines in flexable tube compared with the ridgit after the fact of the gear webs? Nice primer job inside fuselage! I just installed my steps and installed doubler plates on both floor ribs f725 & 724 or was it F723 & F724 plus the back of the step rivet plate. Know of 3 guys with cracked welds under step. Saw one monday of this week. Yesterday installed new tie down rings in bagage area on F749 right & left. Today worked on wear plates for harness cables thru the the bagage area. Always something. Hey I learned something cool today. I was asked when I would be finished with the plane and I said on thursday. Well when my buddy asked. I said thursday AGAIN. Theres 52 thursdays a year. It will be on one of those thursdays and that narrows that down to only 52 days of the year. So it is to say if anybody asks when will you be finished just pick a day and do it! You can hardly go wrong and at least you'll have the end in sight!!! Thanks Ron in Oregon

Last edited: