bleaus64

I'm New Here
Has anybody had this happen to them? Or heard of it happening? I was thinking it might be the fitting located in that area? What is the best way to access that area…myself and a mechanic are heading to the airport tomorrow to have a look….any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Has anybody had this happen to them? Or heard of it happening? I was thinking it might be the fitting located in that area? What is the best way to access that area…myself and a mechanic are heading to the airport tomorrow to have a look….any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sounds like it is from the brakes.

Reactions: RNB
You don’t say if you have an iS or ULS, but if it’s an iS with gun-drilled gear legs, I’d look at the brake fittings attached to the gear legs.

Attachments

• IMG_1962.jpeg
    IMG_1962.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: RNB
Yeah I looked at schematic and looks like it’s from potentially the fitting by the main gear arm.. I’m hoping ther is a way to tighten the fitting….if that’s the problem 🤞 without needing to remove the gear?

You don’t say if you have an iS or ULS, but if it’s an iS with gun-drilled gear legs, I’d look at the brake fittings attached to the gear legs.
Hey and thank you that photo!! That’s very helpful 👍 I am hoping the fitting just needs to be retightened

May be too late now, but I found the KAI for the ULS landing gear. The fitting is different, but in close proximity to the iS.

Attachments

• Landing Gear ULS.png
    Landing Gear ULS.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 25