ron sterba

Well Known Member
The grandkids have Booth tooth headsets for their music. Was wondering if anyone knows of a Air band scanner (handheld) with Blue Tooth being sold today? It would be nice if it had the feature of Sporty's scanner where it has a interrupt from music to Air frequency. Maybe someone who knows the staff a Sporty's could give them this IDEA! Then let me know when they plan to sell it. I'll buy the first one!

Ron in Oregon RV9A

So here is another option I was given and its pretty COOL! Got to try it out and it works GREAT! Providing you have a smart phone. I'll lay it out here,here goes. Downloads a APP called ---- ATC LIVE--- You can click on a country listed from around the world,(Lets say you picked USA) then click on the state your airport is in, then click on to that city that the airport tower (s) is in, then click on the name of the facility you want to listen to, Tower,appr,departure,. Now these frequencies are only up running because a listener like you would install a antenna near your airport and run the internet feed to the company (ATC LIVE ). When you click on your state you may not find your airport listed. Thats because no one took the initiative to install an antenna and send a feed. So whats cool is if you have bluetooth on your phone you can send ATC voices to a WIRELESS speaker which I bought a Best Buy. (Jam Speaker) the one for $60. It works anywhere in my hangar including inside my fuselage while I'am building. Don't tell your kids other wise your JAM speaker will disappear! Oh by the way it works with bluetooth headphone too but they where $200 bucks. Love mine!

Ron in Oregon RV9A

Last edited:
Having fun with this app, If you go to Wisconsin then click on Oshkosh, Oh my gosh theres 8 frequencies to chose from. This would be great if your friend is traveling into Oshkosh or if you want to get the hang of the verbiage on the WHOLE approach thing! Have at it! Pass the word and get this App (ATC Live) to all EAA chapters and members you know !

Ron in Oregon RV9A