NYTOM

Well Known Member
For anyone who had a built a non pre punched kit like a 3,4,6 or 6A and then built a 7 or 7A, what was your approximate difference in building hours between the two. :confused: Seems like I'm spending half of my life on my project and I'm getting an unbelievable respect for anyone who has completed one. :) Seeing some of those wrecked RV's in Lake-land brought tears to my eyes thinking of what there owners must be going through. It's one thing to write a huge check for a factory plane but its almost a religious experience to build your own. Just wondering if I had waited for the pre punched if I'd still be pulling my hair out.

I helped a friend build RV6 ser#7 that he bought in 1986. Incredible amount of work and very little prefabrication or aftermarket stuff. He did his in 5 years and after building my Quick build 7 I have tremendous respect for him. Don

Prepunched added to the quality but so far I have not seen a big time difference.

I think 40% of my time was spent scratching my head trying to figure out how it REALLY had to be put together (plans dimensions were not to be followed blindly). Having it pre-punched would have to eliminate a lot of that time. Of course another 20% of my time was spent looking for where I left the cleco pliers. I still suffer this affliction.