lr172

Well Known Member
I have a D100 in my 6A. I noticed my altitude was off whenever I set my altimeter to a nearby AWOS or ATIS setting vs using field elevation. I found the setting that let's me put in an offset to rectify this issue (I needed a 70' correction). However, I use the D100 to feed my transponder. Is the offset being applied to the outgoing pressure altitude data?

My airport sits under a 1000 AGL shelf and I routinely bump up to it coming in and out of my airport. I am hoping that my transponder is sending out the correct altitude to avoid upsetting the ORD guys.

Larry

I also use the D100 as my encoder, but my GTX327 shows me what pressure altitude it is seeing/sending. If that is correct you're probably okay.

I'd check with Dynon support and/or get a transponder check. I just did mine for IFR reasons.

I have a D100 in my 6A. I noticed my altitude was off whenever I set my altimeter to a nearby AWOS or ATIS setting vs using field elevation. I found the setting that let's me put in an offset to rectify this issue (I needed a 70' correction). However, I use the D100 to feed my transponder. Is the offset being applied to the outgoing pressure altitude data?
Larry

Yes the altitude offset/correction factor is applied to both the displayed and encoder outputs.
Just FYI, encoder output is ref'd to "standard" baro pressure of 29.92

Last edited: