mark manda

Well Known Member
What's up with the seat adjustment pieces? I'm 6' 1" and can't imagine needing them. Although my passengers might.

Leave them off? One off one on? do they get in the way just hanging down?

thanks for any input.

Seat back adjustments

I have mine in the hanger, but only put one in if my father in law is going to fly the airplane. He is about 5' 9" and just cannot reach the rudder pedals if the seat back isn't all the way forward and the adjustment thingy-ma-bob at the top holding the seatback forward. To have them in any other time just doesn't work for me. The are in the way.

Blue Skies,
Bryan 9A "Flyin The Flag"

I removed mine. My hubby is 6ft and I'm 5'10". I have the lower adjustments all the way aft, also. My pedals are where Van's suggested on the plans with adjustment holes fore and aft.

Roberta

I am 5'-6" and my wife is 5'-0". I would like to hear from anyone who is flying a 6-7-9 who is physically height challenged. Did you do anything special when installing seats and pedals. One good thing about our short comings is that our combined weight is only 250 lbs. :D

Jim Wright RV-9A wings 90919

I'm 5'7" and simply installed taller cushions. Worked fine for me. I believe my seat back uses the middle hinge attachment on the seat bottom. The back is reclined using the aft slot on the baggage compartment crossmember.

One fear I have with the taller cushions is that due to seatbelt geometry and cushion "give", I could submarine out of the belts in a sudden stop. I've got all the bits and pieces to install a crotch strap, but have not taken the time to do it.

My rudder pedals are in the standard position.