davidlhu

I'm New Here
I'm building RV-9 left flap. I followed every step of the RV kit instruction. The instruction says "...the FL-906B bend line should coincide with the aft vertical face of the spar. Clamp and drill to FL-905 end rib and FL-906A using the FL-906B as a guide". The problem I'm having is that the bend angle of the FL-906B seems a little bit off with the angle of the end main rib relative to the bottom skin so there is a big gap between the FL-906B and the main end rib when trying to clamp the FL-906B to the FL-906A.If Icleco the FL-906B to the end main rib by the two prepunched holes there will be a angled gap between 906B and 906A. What should Ido in the case?

David

David-
Not sure if I interpreted your question correctly, but when your F-906B is clecoed to your inboard rib, and when the rib is clecoed to both the spar and skin, the forward flange of F906B should be perpendicular to the spar. It has to be because the F906A angle has to lay flat on both the spar and the F906B forward flange. If it does not do this, it may have been bent to the wrong angle at the factory. (Remember, though, to make sure your flap skins are oriented the right way... the inboard flap rib angles inboard front to back while all the other ribs are perpendicular to the spar.) Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks, Steve. Yes, the inbord rib is clecoed to spar, bottom and up skins and seems lined up perfectly. So if the FL906B was bent at wrong angle in the factory, what I can do? I tried to bend it but it's very hard and I'm afraid to demage it so I stopped.

David

Call Van's is my suggestion. They've seen almost everything before, so either they'll replace the part for you or show you how the answer is right in front of you on the plans! :eek:

I don't think you've said, but is your other flap the same? I'd be surprised if both parts were mis-bent.

Good luck.