AX-O

Well Known Member
I added an oil filter/adapter to my engine. The oil filter is too close to the oil line that goes to the oil cooler (shown by letter ?A?). Could I use the location shown by letter ?B?. Would this bypass the oil filter? Are there any other locations that I can use?

IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG

I used a 45 at the A location. I think I have the SAME O-320 B2B narrow deck that you are using except I converted mine to constant speed.

I may be able to use the 45 deg fitting. I know if I use a 90 Deg fitting (what I want to use if my other option does not work) I would have to pull the oil filter adapter. The other option would also reduce the length of the hose and provide a cleaner installation to the oil cooler.

BTW. The 45 needs to point one way for Bendix mags and another direction for Slick mags. Yes the clocking of the fitting is different for the two mags. I switched from Bendix to Lasar over a year ago and had to rotate the fitting for the new mag housing to fit.

BTW. The 45 needs to point one way for Bendix mags and another direction for Slick mags. Yes the clocking of the fitting is different for the two mags. I switched from Bendix to Lasar over a year ago and had to rotate the fitting for the new mag housing to fit.

What about with Pmags?

45 Degree Fitting

on mine, dual p-mags and the 90 degree filter adaptor, I don't think the latter makes any difference.

Hans

I am looking for an AN823 fitting. The pipe side needs to be 3/8 inch and the hose side needs to be -6. I can find the conversion on a straight fitting and a 90 degree fitting but can't find it for a 45 degree fitting. Do you guys know where I can find the fitting?

My oil cooler has -6 fittings.

The AN823-6D is 3/8 hose to 3/8 pipe. I bought a couple for my oil cooler. The -6 is for 6/16ths (3/8ths) for both ends of the fitting.

Last edited: