celstar

Well Known Member
What size ID tubing has everyone used connecting the transducer loop line? Also did you use Steel or Aluminum?

It goes

In the feed line between the boost pump and the firewall..at least it does on the FI system..So its plumbed in the _6 aluminium line using standard AN6 flare fittings.

Frank

How is fuel flow calulated on an I/O engine.

I'm required to have a return line, and it would appear some fuel would be returned to the tanks, and not actually burned.

I'm installing a Dynon transducer w/ a D-180

If you have a return line, you must use 2 transducers, with the "return" transducer subtracting from the "feed" one.

Are you using one of the 'standard' mechanical injection systems for Lycs, with the purge valve return line? If so, you shouldn't need the 2nd transducer. If you're using an automotive type injection system with continuous bypass type mechanical pressure regulator, then dual transducers would be needed.

Charlie

Are you using one of the 'standard' mechanical injection systems for Lycs, with the purge valve return line? If so, you shouldn't need the 2nd transducer. If you're using an automotive type injection system with continuous bypass type mechanical pressure regulator, then dual transducers would be needed.

Charlie

And maybe someday someone will invent a pulse time injection system for the Lycoming and you won't need either transducer. :)

Come to think of it, Ross at http://www.sdsefi.com has a system that is flying with one or two Lycomings. It is pulse time injection but I don't know what it is based on, tables or O2 sensing.