AX-O

Well Known Member
I put this on the GRT group but no one replied.

I am trying to figure out how to wire the single axis intelligent servo
controller (ST-1-12v-2sp) from TCW technologies to my Sport/EIS set up.

Per the GRT diagram, it says to use a 1 kohm resistor from the 4.8V source (pin 25) and an AUX input on the EIS. That is for a standard Ray Allen trim indicator.

The TCW technology servo controller has a trim position signal that can also be used with the standard Ray Allen trim indicator. The TCW documentation says the following:

"Safety-Trim is to be used with DC trim motors rated for operation at 12 volts
DC and up to 1 amp."

"Safety-Trim also has an output which may be used to power the Ray Allen trim position indicator. (14 volt operation only, up to 100 mAmps maximum)"

My question is the following, do I need a resistor between the TCW technology servo controller and the EIS AUX input? Or can I connect the TCW technology servo controller trim position signal to the EIS AUX input directly. Thanks for any help.

From memory, use with caution!

As I recall the GRT EIS only likes signals between 0 and 5 volts, while it sounds like the controller puts out a position signal up to 12 volts. So I would reduce this signal by a factor of 3 with a voltage divider. E.g., Attach a 2K resistor to the controller, attach a 1K resistor to the other end of the 2K, and the other end of the 1K to ground. Feed the voltage from the junction of the two resistors to the EIS.