Chappyd

Well Known Member
I've got my finish kit on order and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I've deleted the cowl, and am in line to order my cowl from James Aircraft. I beleive the "shorty" version is the same as Van's, is this correct? At the moment I am planning an IO-360 with vertical injection with a Sensinich prop to keep my budget under control. I want to be able to have the option to go to a CS prop without messing with the cowl at all at some point down the road. So, if I set my plane up with the shorty cowl, will everything be in the right place? What is the purpose of the 2" & 4" prop extensions?

Any insight in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

What is the purpose of the 2" & 4" prop extensions?

Any insight in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Check with Sam, but I think you're going to need a 2 1/4 prop extension for the fixed pitch prop if you plan to convert to a constant speed later on.

E-mail me your phone # and I'll try to explain better.

Shorty cowl

is intended to mimic the Van's cowl.

The long cowl will need a 2 5/ths extension if you go with a compact Hub Hartzell C/S prop.

If you go with a M series hub you don't need and extension but will need the long cowl.

Frank

Thanks for the replies. My intentions are to keep it simple, so I'm going with the shorty cowl, which will require an extension for the Sensenich, and at a later date, a Hartzell will be a mostly bolt on affair.

Please correct me if I got this mixed up :D