RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Just working on my panel and the cheesy power plug I have from on of the avionics suppliers kind of looks crappy. I recall someone on here found some nicer high end "accessory power plugs" that I believe were for motorcycles. Anyone recall or have further info on the sources of these.

Thanks!

Hey

Thanks Anthony.
I had done the basic search too. Appreciated though.

I find ordering online site unseen sometimes is a mistake. Wanted a pirep from someone who had found a nice one and actually installed it and was happy. Tons on ebay etc cheap...just want to know it looks like the pic.. :D And works too.

Powerlet

Hi Rick,

I was just in a local M/C shop last weekend and noticed the PowerLet brand. They had all kinds of adaptors, sockets, etc. This connector is the same used on BMW M/C's (which, btw, is the same used on John Deere tractors - go figure). If there's a BMW M/C store in your neck of the woods - give 'em a call.

Regards,

Those are really neat. I wonder if one could be put FWF under the oil door for a quick connection for my Battery Minder? Or maybe I'll put it on the side of the airplane somewhere... Thanks for posting.

That's exactly what I'm planning to do on my Midget Mustang. I just ordered some sockets and some plugs. As a bonus, my BMW motorcycle uses these same outlets AND an Odyssey 680 battery... the same as is in my airplane.

I bought one of the whiz-bang Odyssey charger/conditioners and figure it can do double duty on the motorcycle and the airplane.

Those are really neat. I wonder if one could be put FWF under the oil door for a quick connection for my Battery Minder?

BMW Accessory Plug ...

...I got the idea from Dave Burden (VAF: db1yg). I even copied the nifty mounting bracket he made that fastens the female plug to the engine mount, making it accessible thru the oil filler door. Some of the motorcycle suppliers also offer an adapter with the BMW plug on one end and the standard battery-minder plug on the other.